Our Valentine’s Day Self Care Gift Guide
There’s a reason that the topic of Self Care is trending on social media so often these days. More people are realizing that taking a little time to prioritize themselves is not only not selfish, it’s also an important part of their overall health and wellbeing. Even so, it’s tough for some people to jump on the trend in today’s 24/7 “always-connected” world, where there seems to be barely enough time in the day to get everything done let alone make time for yourself.
Chances are that some of your loved ones fall into this category and are not currently making self care a priority in their lives. You can help them get on a better path this Valentine’s Day – or for any special occasion this season – with gifts that will encourage them to make self care a daily priority. Not sure where to start? Here are some of our favorite self care-inspired gifts that are perfect for a significant other, loved one, or a friend:
- Meditation Pillow. Staring your day with meditation is a great way to set your mood and frame of mind for the day ahead. However your loved one chooses to meditate, it’s important to have dedicated space for the practice that’s clean, quiet, and comfortable. We love this Crystal Cove Meditation Pillow from Brentwood Home for its modern design that will go with just about any type of décor, as well as its intentional design which helps support your back for comfortable sitting. And, it’s vegan-certified!
- Adult Coloring Books: It may seem silly at first, but studies have shown that these grown-up coloring pages can help reduce stress by shifting your focus and calming your mind. These make great gifts for someone working in an office setting who may need a couple of mental breaks throughout the day or a busy working parent looking for quick ways to unwind during the day. You can check out some of Amazon’s best-sellers here.
- Sleep Masks: Most adults struggle to get good, consistent sleep night after night. A high-quality sleep mask is a great way to literally block out the distractions around you so you can focus your mind and body on sleep. There are so many options to choose from, but we personally prefer a mask that feels as great as it works. Look for breathable fabrics like silk that are washable to keep the mask clean over time. We love this one from Lunya, which is available in a variety of colors.
- CBD Oil. Everyone needs a little help with their daily recovery, and hemp-derived CBD oil is a great solution! It makes a great gift for those who have been wanting to try it but don’t know where to start. And, we can help you select the perfect gift for them! Our natural mint-flavored tinctures are a great solution for those looking for better rest after long, stressful days – and easy to take with a dropper. If your loved one is on-the-go or traveling a lot, our vegan capsules are a great choice for convenience. Then, for those who need a little help with muscle recovery post-workout, or just some relief from daily aches and pains, our topical cream is a great choice. Learn more about all of our hemp-derived CBD wellness products here.
- Plan a Shared Self Care Experience: If you really want to up raise the bar on gift-giving, why not plan a shared experience that you can both enjoy? This doesn’t have to be an elaborately planned vacation; rather, it can be something as simple as a couples’ massage, a yoga class, or even just a quiet night in cooking together. Whatever you choose, we encourage you to make a pact to be mindful and present during the experience by shutting down your phones (or at least turning them to silent) and truly enjoying the company you have.
Finally, it’s important to remember that how you deliver the gift is just as important as the gift itself. Why not include a handwritten note or card explaining that you selected this gift because you want your loved one to start caring for themselves as much as you do? This will give the gift much more meaning and show that it’s coming from the heart.
*DISCLAIMERS: MADDYN DOES NOT SELL OR DISTRIBUTE ANY PRODUCTS THAT ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE UNITED STATES CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT. ALL PRODUCTS SOLD HEREIN HAVE LESS THAN 0.3% TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL (“THC”). WE IN NO WAY GUARANTEE PERSON(S) TO PASS A DRUG TEST AFTER CONSUMING OUR PRODUCTS. *THE PRODUCTS SOLD HEREIN HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (“FDA”) AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, OR CURE ANY DISEASE. EVERYONE’S BODY IS DIFFERENT SO ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE STARTING USING OF ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS
Also in News
When your weekly schedule is jam-packed, it can be challenging to find time to squeeze in your daily workouts. That's we have curated a list of some of the best 10 minute workouts that will help keep you on track.