5 Ways to Use Turmeric Every Day
Turmeric seems to be having its moment. Yes, this spice has been used for centuries in cooking and is best known as the primary flavor-driver in curry. Even so, it seems that many are just starting to catch on to its many potential health benefits and now looking for ways to incorporate it more frequently into their daily routines. So, why the sudden stardom for a spice that’s been around forever?
With more people adjusting to their “new normal” during the pandemic, we have seen a rising interest in health, wellness, and immunity when it comes to food. After all, more families are now cooking the majority of their meals at home. As online searches for recipes with health-boosting ingredients grow, so does our collective discovery of turmeric.
According to Healthline, “turmeric may be the most effective nutritional supplement in existence” due to evidence-based health benefits, which include:
- It contains curcumin, a natural anti-inflammatory compound.
- It dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body.
- Turmeric and curcumin may be useful in treating specific health conditions including arthritis and depression (although more studies are needed).
With its natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it’s no wonder that people are looking for more ways to use turmeric. The good news is that there are many options when it comes to making turmeric part of your daily routine! Here are 5 easy ways that you can use turmeric every day:
- Make Turmeric Tea. This is a great way to jumpstart your day! You can easily make your own by adding two teaspoons of turmeric to boiling water, simmering for 5 minutes or so, and straining the liquid into a separate container. To enhance the flavor, try adding honey, citrus juice, or milk. Or, if you prefer the ease of bagged teas ready to brew, you can shop an assortment of turmeric blends from Amazon here.
- Blend It Into Your Smoothies. Turmeric is a great addition to any fruit or vegetable-based smoothies because the tasteful ingredients typically mask its unique flavor. And, you only need to add a pinch, usually around ¼ teaspoon. There are a lot of delicious turmeric smoothie recipes online, so you can find one that works best with your palette and diet. One of our favorites is this Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie recipe.
- Sprinkle It Onto Eggs. Turmeric is a great flavor companion to scrambled eggs or frittatas. This is a great way to let your younger family members reap the benefits as well, as the color and flavor will blend seamlessly with your dish. Start by simply sprinkling the desired amount of turmeric onto your egg dish, or look for egg-based recipes that call for turmeric like this Southwestern Scramble.
- Use It in Soup. You can add 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric to just about any soup, which will bring its warm flavor and rich color to the broth. Be careful when adding it so you don’t overdo it – you just need that pinch, otherwise, the flavor could overpower the other ingredients. If you are feeling particularly ambitious, you can make a soup recipe that specifically calls for turmeric like this Turmeric Broth Detox Soup.
- Get It with Your Daily CBD. Turmeric and hemp-derived CBD are a powerful combination for your daily recovery and renewal routine! Our Relax & Revive full spectrum hemp CBD capsules combine the benefits of CBD oil and turmeric into a convenient capsule that you can take daily. Plus, our capsules are wrapped in a vegan shell making it all plant-based.
There are so many ways to make turmeric part of your daily routine and reap the potential health benefits! For those who love its unique and bold flavors, we suggest experimenting with other recipes such as curries and stews. For those who want the benefits, but not so much the flavor, stick with the smoothies, soups, and capsules. As always, talk with your doctor or a medical provider before making any significant changes to your diet.
*DISCLAIMERS: MADDYN DOES NOT SELL OR DISTRIBUTE ANY PRODUCTS THAT ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE UNITED STATES CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT. ALL PRODUCTS SOLD HEREIN HAVE LESS THAN 0.3% TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL (“THC”). WE IN NO WAY GUARANTEE PERSON(S) TO PASS A DRUG TEST AFTER CONSUMING OUR PRODUCTS. *THE PRODUCTS SOLD HER