5 Morning Rituals to Help You Have a Stress-Free Day
When the alarm goes off in the morning, are you ready to get up and embrace the day ahead? Or are you hitting snooze as many times as you can and crawling back under the covers? Believe it or not, your attitude about waking up and starting your day – and everything you do between then and the time you walk out the door – can set the stage for whether or not you will have a stress-free day.
Now, stress is an inevitable part of life from time-to-time, but that does not mean that you can’t strive to have as many stress-free days as possible. Here are our 5 favorite morning rituals that can actually help you set the tone for more stress-free days:
- Wake Up Earlier. The way you start your day will have an impact on every minute that follows. When you are feeling rushed, you can easily become anxious about making it out the door on time, which in turn can set the wrong tone for the day ahead. By setting your alarm 30-60 minutes earlier than normal, you can allow yourself a little leisure time in the morning to do things like savoring a hot cup of coffee while catching up on the news, doing a quick morning yoga routine, or taking your dog for a walk.
- Write Down Your Top 3-5 Priorities for the Day. If you are like most people, your To-Do list is so long that just thinking about it can cause feelings of anxiety. Instead of getting overwhelmed, try starting the day by choosing the top 3-5 tasks that are truly top priorities for the day. Remember to choose things that can realistically be accomplished by the end of the day. Anything else can wait until tomorrow…or another day.
- Then, Schedule an End of the Day Reward. Have you noticed how much more pleasant the day can be when you are looking forward to something you planned for later? You should do this every single day. This can be something as small as having dinner at the table with your entire family. It can be something more involved like a planned night out with your closest friends. It can even be something as simple as setting aside time to read a couple of chapters in that book you’ve been meaning to pick up. Whatever the activity is for the day, put it on your daily calendar as a reminder that you have something fun and rewarding coming once the day is done.
- Eat Breakfast. You’ve heard it a million times – breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Still, many people opt to skip this because they don’t have time or they feel like they are helping to consume fewer daily calories. The thing is, there’s never a good excuse to skip out on breakfast because it helps your body get the fuel it needs to start the day right. If you followed our first piece of advice, you are going to have more time in the morning which means you can squeeze in breakfast. If you are trying to have a more balanced diet, eating breakfast is a great way to help. There are many healthy and satisfying options, such as an egg-white omelet for a protein boost or vegetable-rich smoothies. (Need ideas? Check out these fast, healthy, and delicious breakfast recipes from Real Simple). And, studies have shown that eating a healthy breakfast can actually help you achieve your weight goals.
- Practice Gratitude. Life will always be a bit hectic, and even when you do everything right you may still run into unforeseen stress. That’s why it’s so important to practice gratitude every day. It’s as simple as taking a moment to think about everything you have to be thankful for, including your health, family, and loved ones. By keeping what matters most at the front of your mind, you may find it easier to deal with stressful situations that arise. Plus, if you followed our advice above you will also be able to think about the End of the Day Reward you have scheduled!
Are you ready to change the way you start your days? Our hemp-derived natural mint-flavored tinctures can help promote more calm and focus, or try our vegan capsules for CBD wellness that you can take with you wherever you go.
*DISCLAIMERS: MADDYN DOES NOT SELL OR DISTRIBUTE ANY PRODUCTS THAT ARE IN VIOLATION OF THE UNITED STATES CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ACT. ALL PRODUCTS SOLD HEREIN HAVE LESS THAN 0.3% TETRAHYDROCANNABINOL (“THC”). WE IN NO WAY GUARANTEE PERSON(S) TO PASS A DRUG TEST AFTER CONSUMING OUR PRODUCTS. *THE PRODUCTS SOLD HEREIN HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION (“FDA”) AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, OR CURE ANY DISEASE. EVERYONE’S BODY IS DIFFERENT SO ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE STARTING USING OF ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS
Also in News
When your weekly schedule is jam-packed, it can be challenging to find time to squeeze in your daily workouts. That's we have curated a list of some of the best 10 minute workouts that will help keep you on track.